[J3] Draft requirements paper

Clune, Thomas L. (GSFC-6101) thomas.l.clune at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 31 17:28:23 UTC 2022

Just in case some interested parties are not actively monitoring the Generics subgroup in the forum:

I have uploaded a draft requirements paper for Generic features in the generics folder on J3.   I then started a discussion of said paper at:

https://j3-fortran.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=514&sid=0c84afbe60d8c5c91b9c93abb0a0dad1#p514

Subgroup is very interested in feedback of all sorts.   We lack depth in the standard, and are sure that things can be improved.

The plan is to bring this paper to vote at the Feb. meeting.     Specs paper is coming along and will hopefully be available for comments in 1-2 weeks.

Cheers,

  *   Tom