[J3] Named constants for types with length parameters

Van Snyder van.snyder at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 19 23:36:14 UTC 2022

I have a type that has fifteen length parameters.

When I create a named constant of the type, I must give values for the
length parameters both in the type declaration, and in the type
constructor.

Long ago, we allowed character named constants to get their length
parameters from their values.

Later, we allowed array named  constants to get their extents from
their values.

Is there a technical reason we could not allow derived-type named
constants to get their length parameters from the values of
corresponding length parameters of their values?