[J3] [SC22WG5.6366] F202X Committee Draft

Brian Friesen bfriesen at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 6 00:33:14 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 12:07 PM Brian Friesen <bfriesen at lbl.gov> wrote:
> It seems I also was mistaken earlier in describing the upcoming
> process from INCITS. Earlier I said the letter ballot will be issued
> in a few days. That's not correct - what will be issued from INCITS in
> a few days is a "call for positions/comments" regarding the CD, which
> will establish the US majority position. That call will close on Feb
> 1. After the call for positions/comments closes, THEN the letter
> ballot will be issued on Feb 2, which will run for 14 days.

INCITS has issued the call for positions/comments regarding the CD.
The call will be open from today (Jan 5) through Feb 1.

Some of you have noted that INCITS mail is often filtered to spam. If
you did not receive an e-mail notification, you can view the call for
positions/comments by logging into incits.org, then click "Groups" ->
"PL22.3 - Programming Language Fortran", then click "Action Items,"
then click on item #0027 ("Due 02/01/2022 - Call for USNB
Position/Comments - CD 1539-1, Programming languages - Fortran - Part
1: Base language"). The resulting page contains a link to the CD, a
template document for submitting comments, as well as instructions for
responding to the call.