[J3] [SC22WG5.6366] F202X Committee Draft

Brian Friesen bfriesen at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 5 18:36:35 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 10:42 AM Steve Lionel via J3
<j3 at mailman.j3-fortran.org> wrote:
> Malcolm has completed the Committee Draft, which is N2191 on the ISO site, 22-007 on J3. Bill Ash is initiating an SC22 ballot to authorize moving the project into the CD phase, which is on target for our current schedule (N2185).
>
> I encourage everyone to download the document and start reading it. In the past, J3 would split up the clauses/chapters by subgroup, with A/B/C groupings, and then switch, but I don't think that will work well with our current organization. Let's concentrate on fixing issues so we can move to the DIS stage - the current schedule has a DIS being constructed in April and DIS ballot in July. 22-104 is the Editor's Report, which should also be read for issues Malcolm has raised with edits so far. I expect to see some papers from this at J3 m226.

It's great news that we've achieved this step in the publication
process! Thanks everyone for your hard work along the way.

For J3 members, in a few days INCITS will issue a letter ballot to
establish the US majority position regarding the CD, and whether it
should move on to the next stage of publication, which is becoming a
DIS. The question in the letter ballot will be something like "Do you
approve the circulation of the draft as a DIS?". The available
(also requires comments), and "abstention."

Please note that the US majority position will be established *based
on responses received*. If only 1 person responds to the letter
ballot, their response will establish the US majority position. So if
you are a voting member of J3, please make sure to respond to the
letter ballot when it opens - I will also send a note to the J3 list
when the ballot opens. The ballot will close on Feb 1.