[J3] Questions about DO CONCURRENT and locality

Steve Lionel steve at stevelionel.com
Fri Jul 3 15:15:01 EDT 2020

In https://j3-fortran.org/doc/year/19/19-134.txt Peter Klausler asked
whether the words in the standard actually enabled parallelization of DO
CONCURRENT. I see that the paper was not taken up at 218 but I wasn't
aware of any discussion of the topic then or at later meetings. It came
up again today in discussions at the (online) FortranCon hosted by the
University of Zurich (which has been great so far - almost over.)

As I don't pretend to be a parallelization expert, I'd be interested in
hearing others' thoughts on the issues Peter raised. Thanks.

Steve