[J3] Question to "The CFI_section function"

Tobias Burnus burnus at net-b.de
Tue Nov 12 07:24:15 EST 2019

Hi again,

On 11/12/19 1:06 PM, Tobias Burnus via J3 wrote:
> what's the expected 'lower_bound's of the array descriptor 'result'
> after a call to "18.5.5.7 The CFI_section function"? My feeling is
> that 0 is intended but I cannot find it in the spec.

Follow-up question: what are the 'lower_bound's after a call to
CFI_establish (18.5.5.5)?

For allocatables, the input is a null pointer/deallocated. And for
pointers, there is "if the attribute argument has the value
CFI_attribute_pointer, the lower bounds of the object described by dv
are set to zero."

But what's about CFI_attribute_other? Shall they also start at 0 – like
most descriptors on the C side? Or at 1 as they would in Fortran or …?
The following sentence "The remaining properties of the object are given
by the other arguments." does not really help.

Cheers,

Tobias

PS: Are there already some (draft) corrigenda for Fortran 2018? I
haven't seen any, but I might have missed them.