[J3] [EXTERNAL] branch based on ieee class ?

Van Snyder van.snyder at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 7 13:04:38 EST 2019

On Thu, 2019-11-07 at 08:38 -0700, Dan Nagle via J3 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to?
>
> C1145 removes the select case option (my first choice), and
> Table 10.2 eliminates if-blocks by not listing ieee_class_type
> among the allowed operands for == and /= (or .eqv. and .neqv.).

If we had done enumeration types and enumerators back when other
languages had them, ummm, around 1975, the three IEEE types that consist
of named constants would have been enumeration types, and their values
would have been enumerators.

Dan's problem illustrates the problem that results when you fake reality
using a kludge.