[J3] [EXTERNAL] Re: Changing address of an allocatable on assignment when shapes match

Vipul Parekh parekhvs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 23:14:56 EDT 2019

I couldn't understand the statement, "In general, it would not be
conforming to do the reallocation if the allocatable array has the
TARGET attribute, as this would break the Fortran pointer association
semantics" - can someone please point me to the relevant section(s)
(and paragraph(s)) in the standard that might explain it for me?

Thanks,
Vipul Parekh