[J3] work on F202X at #217?

Vipul Parekh parekhvs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:23:36 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 6:46 PM Bill Long via J3
<j3 at mailman.j3-fortran.org> wrote:

> Hi Anton,
>
> This is my take on the outcome of the Berkeley meeting and J3’s job for meetings 217 (Oct 2018) and 218  (Feb 2019):
>
> ..
> > On Jul 20, 2018, at 6:03 AM, Anton Shterenlikht via J3 <j3 at mailman.j3-fortran.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to know what work
> > is going to happen on F202X at
> > meeting 217 in LV?
> > ..
> > Realistically what progress
> > can be expected at 217 towards F202X?
> ..
> I hope quite a bit.  I’d hate to have to do it all at 218 in February.
> ..

The draft agenda for upcoming meeting 217 at Las Vegas (Oct 15-19,
2018) does not list any 202X sessions:
https://j3-fortran.org/doc/year/18/agenda217.txt

So it's unclear when and how the work toward Fortran 202X, especially
in preparation for the Feb 2019 meeting will take place..

Can Anton's question above please be addressed again, "Realistically
what progress can be expected at 217 towards F202X?"

I ask because I need to decide on participation, especially in terms
of attendance costs given the lack of institutional (employer, etc.)
financial support.

Thanks much,
Vipul Parekh