[J3] (SC22WG5.6038) UK Ballot comments?

David Muxworthy d.muxworthy at icloud.com
Wed May 30 06:59:21 EDT 2018

Bill,

> There are few papers submitted so far for m216 starting in less than
> 2 weeks.  Were there any Ballot comments on the F2018 draft from
> the UK?

Yes, five pages worth.  I had intended to circulate them to the WG5
mailing list but you are right - it would be more sensible to make
them a J3 paper; they are now there as 18-161.pdf.  What about the US
and other countries' comments?

The official route to the meeting is via the SC22 Secretariat but I
have no confidence that that would work in time. The JTC1 Directives
have the laughable instruction: "At the end of the voting period, the
Chief Executive Officer shall send within 4 weeks to the chair and
secretariat of the technical committee or subcommittee the results of
the voting together with any comments received, for further speedy
action".

Cheers,
David