[J3] (SC22WG5.6035) Never tell me the odds

Steve Lionel steve at stevelionel.com
Fri May 25 06:57:12 EDT 2018

So I am on a 4-week small-ship cruise around Italy. The first night some of
us were sitting in the lounge, introducing ourselves. A woman sitting
across from me said she was a software developer When I asked what she had
worked on, she said “Fortran compilers”! Turns out that she was a developer
on CDC Fortran in the 1980s. I was intrigued that even though she went on
to do many other things, she identified with Fortran.

What are the odds that TWO former Fortran compiler developers would be on
the same small-ship cruise?

Here’s a picture of me with Stacy Buckley.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/steve_lionel/3KmX46