(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.5864) Summary of the new features

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Tue May 30 14:43:15 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 12:57 +0100, John Reid wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am writing a paper that summarizes the new features. It will be a WG5
> paper and will appear in the next issue of Fortran Forum. I have still
> to write the chapter on further interoperability, but have a draft
> (attached) of the rest. I would be most grateful to hear any comments,
> particularly about any errors or omissions.

I would generally use "prohibition against" instead of "prohibition of".

In subclause 3.14 it should be mentioned that move_alloc is now an image
control statement if its arguments are coarrays.

In subclause 3.15, "behave" is misspelt as "bahave".

The title of subclause 4.26 appears to be incomplete.

The last two paragraphs of subclause 4.26 duplicate material in
subclause 4.22, and appear not to be relevant to 4.26.

The last two sentences of subclause 4.27.10 are confusing.  They appear
to say that ieee_max_num_mag and ieee_min_num_mag don't actually do
anything different from ieee_max_num and ieee_min_num.

Should "radix" be "exponent" in subclause 4.28?