(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.5859) WG5 Convenorship
Wed May 10 16:52:01 EDT 2017
Forwarded on behalf of Jon Steidel, who was not on the sc22wg5 whitelist (but is now).
> Begin forwarded message:
> From: "Steidel, Jon L" <jon.l.steidel at intel.com>
> Subject: Re: (j3.2006) WG5 Convenorship
> Date: 10 May 2017 at 20:09:23 BST
> To: fortran standards email list for J3 <j3 at mailman.j3-fortran.org>, WG5 List <sc22wg5 at open-std.org>
> Hi Steve,
> You will have to bribe someone other than Lorri to get the minutes out quickly as she is not planning to attend the Garching meeting. I am not sure who the acting secretary will be. My guess is that Lorri worked that out with Dan?
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: j3-bounces at mailman.j3-fortran.org [mailto:j3-bounces at mailman.j3-
>> fortran.org] On Behalf Of Steve Lionel
>> Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:42 PM
>> To: j3 at mailman.j3-fortran.org; WG5 List <sc22wg5 at open-std.org>
>> Subject: Re: (j3.2006) WG5 Convenorship
>> (I'm sending this to both lists as I am not certain my emails to WG5 get
>> forwarded to J3. If you get this twice, my apologies.)
>> Ah, those pesky technical details...
>> I am now an alternate to Kernelyze, whose principal is Tom Knox. Tom joined
>> J3 and attended his first meeting last October. Neither Tom nor I attended
>> the February meeting, and INCITS rules require that a new member is
>> "provisional" until they have attended two meetings. Only full members can
>> volunteer for the convenor position. INCITS set the deadline for applications
>> as June 5, but the next meeting isn't until June 26.
>> No problem! We'll just hold an impromptu telephone meeting in advance,
>> which Tom can attend, and then we'll be all set. Right? Um, not so fast...
>> INCITS rules require four week advance notice for such meetings.
>> As of June 1, that changes to two weeks, but neither one helps. So that idea
>> is right out.
>> Jennifer Garner of INCITS tells me that if nobody from J3 (PL22.3 in
>> INCITS-speak) volunteers by June 5, she'll put out a second call with a due
>> date of sometime in July. Simply attending a meeting isn't sufficient - INCITS
>> has to receive and process the minutes of the meeting, listing attendees,
>> before the status can change.
>> The plan now is to let the first call expire, we'll hold the regular meeting in
>> Garching (Tom and I will both be there), and then I'll encourage/bribe Lorri
>> to be prompt at sending in the minutes sufficiently in advance of the second
>> call deadline to get the status changed. Then and only then am I allowed to
>> Isn't this fun?
More information about the J3