(j3.2006) Question about zero-sized array.

Daniel C Chen cdchen
Wed Jun 21 11:37:44 EDT 2017

Thanks John and Malcolm for your response. I didn't make the questions
clear enough so I will try again.

As for Q1,
non-allocatable case:
	real :: x(0) ! x is always defined by the standard. What is its value
at this point?
allocatable case:
	real, allocatable :: x(:)
	allocate(x0)) ! at this point, x is defined by allocation. Again,
what is the value after allocation?

As for Q2, I actualy meant to ask 'x' rather than 'a'.
	x = 0.0 ! Does x have value 0.0?
	x = 1.0 ! x Does x have value 1.0?

As for Q3, if x in Q2 is defined with the value 0.0 or 1.0 and used in the
following statement respectively,
             a(:,:) = 1.0
	 y(:) = MATMUL( a(:,:), x(:) ) + 2*y(:) ! Does the value of x affect
the result?

Thanks,

Daniel

XL Fortran Development, Fortran Standard Representative
IBM Toronto Software Lab
Phone: 905-413-3056
Tie: 969-3056
Email: cdchen at ca.ibm.com