(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.5931) Comments on some of the comments

John Reid John.Reid
Fri Aug 11 05:42:23 EDT 2017

Malcolm Cohen wrote:
> John Reid writes:
>> An underlying assumption of HPC has always been that the team values on
>> the images of a team would differ from image to image.
>
> Sorry, but I cannot agree with this.  Where has coarray TS said anything
> that might imply this?  I see nowhere, and the technical effect of what it
> does state implies the opposite!

See the last sentence of 5.1, para 1: "Information about the team to
which the current image belongs can be determined by the processor from
the collective value of the team variables on the images of the team."

According to the TS, this should have been copied to 2.3.4, now 5.2.4,
but it seems to have disappeared.

Yes, we have goofed in not making the intention clearer.

Best wishes,

John