(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.5703) Intel Fortran Hobbyist License

Lionel, Steve steve.lionel
Mon May 2 10:19:11 EDT 2016

Some of you may remember that Intel used to offer a general noncommercial
license for Intel's compilers and tools on Linux, but that program was
discontinued and replaced with one for students and open-source developers.
We heard from many Fortran "hobbyists" that they felt left out by this, and
I lobbied to come up with a suitable offering.

For a limited time, I've been authorized to grant free, noncommercial
licenses for Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran (includes
Intel Fortran Compiler and Intel Math Kernel Library) to "hobbyists". This
is available for Linux, OS X and Windows. (Windows requires that you get
Microsoft Visual Studio separately, the free VS2015 Community Edition will
do.) Support is through our user forums - you'll be eligible for new updates
and versions for a year, the license itself is good for three years. More
details will be in the license email.

This is a low-key program that won't be promoted on the web site and I have
been tasked with personally "vetting" applicants. I'm starting with everyone
on the WG5 list as I know there are many "emeritus" members who might like
to have a copy of Intel Fortran.  If this interests you, please write me
directly (not to the WG5/J3 list.)   Later I'll make an announcement to
comp.lang.fortran.

Steve Lionel

Intel Developer Support

Merrimack, NH