(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.5502) Coarray Fortran on Windows

Walt Brainerd walt.brainerd
Tue May 26 18:37:04 EDT 2015

Looks interesting. I'll try it.   Thanks.

But we leave tomorrow for a month in Angel Fire NM
(Denver daughter now owns our cabin there).

So I'll have to wait a couple of days and try it on my laptop..

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Keith Bierman <khbkhb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool.
>
> If you ever redo the project, you might check out "babun" for the base. It
> provides 'pact' which is sortof like a yum|apt-get|port mechanism for
> keeping everything up to date (including all of the base cgywin stuff).
> Much cleaner than the setup.exe for cgywin itself.
>
> The default shell is zsh, but bash is included in the core as well. The
> base cgywin limitation that "ksh" is not really ksh (but is MirKsh) remains
> unchanged.
>

> Keith Bierman
> khbkhb at gmail.com
> kbiermank AIM
> 303 997 2749
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Walt Brainerd <walt.brainerd at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I thought some you who don't read c.l.f might be interested in this.
>>
>> Sorry for duplications.
>>
>> In an attempt to make coarray Fortran available
>> on Windows (in addition to Intel), I have built
>> Gfortran 5.1 and the Openmpi and Opencoarrays
>> libraries.
>>
>> This is available at www.fortran.com/CAF.zip
>>
>> You must have Cygwin installed to run it. It is for
>> 64-bit systems only.
>>
>> I have run it on Windows 8.1 and 7.
>> Based on my post in c.l.f, others have been able
>> to run it successfully (and some have not).
>> So, if you try it, please let us all know how
>> it goes. Thanks.
>>
>> To install Coarray Fortran, download the zip
>> file, unzip it, and execute the setup file
>> produced. It is an installer, which sets up
>> paths, etc..
>>
>> CAF.pdf contains detailed information about the
>> installation and use of Coarray Fortran.
>>
>> And there are a few coarray programs to try.
>> Please ignore the program job_list2.f90; I
>> haven't yet gotten it to work and forgot that
>> when I put it in with the examples.
>>
>> --
>> Walt Brainerd

Walt Brainerd