(j3.2006) Question about 29113

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Wed Sep 24 15:01:24 EDT 2014

In the first edit in clause 9.9 in N1904 (DTS 29113), a paragraph is
added to the description of the FPTR argument of C_F_POINTER.  The final
sentence is:

        "The storage sequence shall be large enough to contain the
        target object described by FPTR, shall not be in use by another
        Fortran entity, and shall satisfy any other processor-dependent
        requirements for association."

What is the meaning of the middle part, viz. "shall not be in use by
another Fortran entity"?

Not the target of another pointer?  That's nonsense.

Not part of a pending I/O transfer?  That's nonsense.

What else?

This appears at [445:27-446:1] in 14-007r2.

Can we either delete this, or replace it with something that does not
require clairvoyance to understand it?