(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.5238) [ukfortran] Ballot result

John Reid John.Reid
Wed Apr 23 03:46:46 EDT 2014

Malcolm Cohen wrote:
> John Reid wrote:
>> I would like to ask J3 to prepare a revised version for approval by WG5
>> at the end of the June meeting without a further ballot.
>> No-one has objected this idea, so I have added a paragraph to this effect.
>
> Although approval by WG5 at the end of the June meeting is a laudable aim, I
> don't think we should commit to that (nor did I think I needed to object).  If
> we reach consensus early enough in the meeting, and have a final document in our
> hands by Wednesday night (or maybe Thursday 9am at the very very latest), it
> *might* be achievable.  Otherwise we won't have time to read it properly.  It's
> more important to get it right than to get it out.

Yes, we may decide at the meeting that we need another email ballot, but
the aim is to avoid it. Actually, I don't think we have any chance of
achieving this aim without significant email discussion beforehand. I am
very pleased that the coarray list has been active over the last few days.

Cheers,

John.