(j3.2006) Fwd: JTC 1 N 12032 - Communication from JTC 1 Chair and Secretariat Concerning WG Participation - What Having Experts, Not NB Delegations to the WG, Means to You

Bill Long longb
Mon Apr 21 15:52:17 EDT 2014

Hi Dan, John,

I?m not sure what this means:

"it was noted that WG experts now have access to WG level documents in Livelink. "

partly because I have never heard of ?Livelink?.  I Googled it, and found a product that was supported on these platforms: SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft.  All three of which are completely irrelevant as far as I?m concerned, and entirely unacceptable in a standards participation context.  Hopefully INCITS concept of ?Livelink? has nothing to do with this product.  But, then, What is it?

According to the memo, JTC 1 is now requiring that WG?s  use LiveLink, and INCITS is agreeing:

The INCITS Secretariat will echo the ISO and JTC 1 leadership's notification that WGs establish/use document registers in Livelink to provide WG experts with access to WG documents.

Seems very confusing and worrisome.

Begin forwarded message:

Bill Long                                                                       longb at cray.com<mailto:longb at cray.com>
Fortran Technical Suport  &                                  voice:  651-605-9024
Bioinformatics Software Development                     fax:  651-605-9142
Cray Inc./ Cray Plaza, Suite 210/ 380 Jackson St./ St. Paul, MN 55101