(j3.2006) Fwd: Serious Copyright Infringement of An ISO (International Organization for Standardization) English Standard

Bill Long longb
Wed Apr 2 08:50:19 EDT 2014

On Apr 2, 2014, at 5:04 AM, David Muxworthy <d.muxworthy at bcs.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Infringing URL: http://j3-fortran.org/doc/standing/links/007.pdf
>>>
>>> It's been taken down so I don't know what this was ... but if it was a link to
>>> the DIS, that would be our mistake.  As a general rule, if the document itself
>>> says it is "Copyright ISO", then we cannot leave it up long-term.
>>
>> It was 10-007r1.pdf
>
> 10-007r1 does not include the word ?copyright? and is explicitly a WD, an internal working document of J3 (although an earlier document described itself as an FCD).  It seems Attributor Corporation are on a fishing trip to impress ISO.  They should at least be told that they have got their facts wrong.

Fishing was my first reaction as well.  Especially when they are inviting us to contact them directly.  How do we know they really are ISO?s agents?  It is possible.  But it is also possible that they are just trolling trying to get evidence to convince ISO to hire them as agents.  Probably not too convincing that the ?stolen? documents are actually on the sites of the organizations that write the documents for ISO.