(j3.2006) IMPLICIT TYPE(*)

Bill Long longb
Fri Mar 1 13:19:06 EST 2013

That was my initial reaction as well.  However, I don't see any
prohibition.  And gfortran, which accepts the TS syntax, allows it.    I
guess the counterargument is that it is irregular to disallow it.  We
allow CLASS(*), for example.

If someone wants to go to the effort, I would not object to making
IMPLICIT (other than IMPLICIT NONE) obsolescent.

Bill Long                                           longb at cray.com