(j3.2006) paper 13-228

Bill Long longb
Wed Feb 6 16:08:38 EST 2013

On 2/5/13 6:48 PM, Van Snyder wrote:
> Three of the four compilers I tried have the "bug" of interpreting fx()
> to be a variable, not an expression.

I tried 2 different compilers on all three examples.

For Q1, both compilers gave the F2008 answer.

For both Q2 and Q3,  one gave the F2008 answer and the other gave the
F2003 answer.  The first one claims to be F2008 compliant, whereas the
other one claims to support some, but not all, of F2008.

Neither compiler complained about the Q1 code being illegal.

If the example in Q1 is changed so that the subroutine arguments have
the TARGET attribute and neither has INTENT(IN) then is the program
conforming to F2008?   I don't mind changing the rules for a program
that is illegal anyway, but am not keen on making a currently legal code
illegal.

Bill Long                                           longb at cray.com