(j3.2006) IEEE question

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Mon Nov 12 16:22:18 EST 2012

I have been told by a colleague that he observed that the x87 and SSE
mxcsr registers can be set independently in several cases.  I don't know
what compiler he was using.

So the function IEEE_GET_ROUNDING_MODE() may be faced with returning not
one but two different results.

Does this (and maybe some similar stuff in Clause 14) need attention?

--
Van Snyder                    |  What fraction of Americans believe
Van.Snyder at jpl.nasa.gov       |  Wrestling is real and NASA is fake?