(j3.2006) Won't be in Toronto

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Mon May 7 15:54:52 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 13:43 -0400, Daniel C Chen wrote:
> I am really sorry that you won't be coming to Toronto this June. Is
> there any chance that it may change at the last minute? I am just
> hoping ...

Very unlikely.

As an earlier supervisor told me when I joined an oceanography group,
"If you're a civilian in the Navy, you'll never be an admiral."
Mathematicians and software engineers are always second-class citizens
if they're not in organizations devoted to mathematics and computer
science.  But then, the entire organization is a second-class citizen.

Van