(j3.2006) Partial write in record with nonadvancing I/O

Tobias Burnus burnus
Tue Feb 28 04:53:56 EST 2012

On 02/28/2012 03:03 AM, Van Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 16:11 -0800, Robert Corbett wrote:
>> The Fortran standard defines what the program I posted to
>> comp.lang.fortran should write (ignoring the possibility of
>> processor-defined input/output error conditions). What do you think
>> should be defined more precisely?
> I disagree that the standard defines what the program ought to write.

I concur with Van. I think the standard is ambiguous and that there are
four different outputs for the same program - each supported by several
compilers - exists, underlines this.

I therefore would like to submit an interpretation request. Attached is
a draft version - comments are welcome.

Tobias