(j3.2006) Fwd: (SC22WG14.12599) C++ liaison, concurrency extensions

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Fri Feb 10 14:46:46 EST 2012

"Read it up ? you really should. There is nothing new under the sun. It
has all been done before."
     Sherlock Holmes in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,
     A Study in Scarlet (1887)

Read, for example, "Concurrency in Ada" or "Concurrent and Real-Time
Programming in Ada," both by Alan Burns and Andy Wellings.

This was very well thought-out in 1983, and was improved in 1995 and
2005.

As for "resumable functions," aren't they nothing more than coroutines?