(j3.2006) GB36, GB43, GB51 request new text

John Reid John.Reid
Tue Oct 4 06:48:16 EDT 2011

Bill Long wrote:
> Three of the UK comments request new (non-normative) text be added.
>
> GB36 - add a Note with a simple example to explain paragraph 2 of 5.3.7.
>
> GB43 - replace A.1.1.
>
> GB51 - add a new A.2.4+ with an example illustrating MPI calls.
>
> I have some doubts about GB51 since it is unclear whether this should
> target the old MPI Fortran interface or the new one. Similarly, will
> this require a reference citation to the MPI standard (again, which
> one)?   Finally, I have some misgivings about examples specific to MPI
> that would be integrated into a Fortran standard that already has
> facilities that make MPI no longer necessary.
>
> But the basic question here in, particularly for GB36 and GB43, are
> there any volunteers to write papers with the edits for these requests?

I will have a go at GB36, but do not have time today.

The only significant point that came from the C committee when they looked at a
draft was that they appreciated the examples and would like to see more. I don't
think we have done enough in this regard yet.

Cheers,

John.
--
Scanned by iCritical.