(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.4404) RE: [ukfortran] Fw: Enquiry Fortran 90 OR 95

Bill Long longb
Fri Jan 28 12:01:21 EST 2011

NAG is also quite well known for extensive debugging message
capabilities, which could be a bonus if the intended usage is classroom
teaching.

It would be helpful to know the system type for this compiler - Linux,
OSX, Windows, Solaris, AIX, ..., as some vendors support only a subset
of the possibilities.

Finally, it should be mentioned that gfortran (part of the GCC package)
is a decent Fortran compiler with a very attractive price point (free).
  If the customer chooses a commercial vendor, they might still install
gfortran as an alternate compiler.  Or point out to students that it
could be installed for free on their personal systems.

Disclosure: Cray does sell a Fortran compiler, but only to Cray hardware
customers.

Bill Long                                           longb at cray.com