(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.4399) [ukfortran] Fwd: Draft TR on Further Interoperability of Fortran with C

N.M. Maclaren nmm1
Thu Jan 27 11:23:18 EST 2011

>>> *From: *David Keaton <dmk at dmk.com <mailto:dmk at dmk.com>>
>>>
>>>     I've had a chance to look more closely at the Fortran/C
>>> interoperability TR, and I take back what I said about the identifiers
>>> ending in _t.  The future library directions only reserve those if
>>> they begin with int or uint, and the TR begins them all with CFI_.

That was not accidental!

The only names defined by the TR that do not start with CFI_ are the
member names of structures, and none were in any of the reserved namespaces
of C90, C99, the draft C1X, C++98, C++ 2003 or POSIX 2001.  At least as
far as my search found.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.