(j3.2006) Regarding ballot on TR 29113

Rasmussen, Craig E rasmussn
Tue Apr 19 19:49:14 EDT 2011

I'm withdrawing my objection to the publication of TR 29113.  Based on extensive conversations with members of the MPI Forum (in particular Rolf Rabenseifner), we no longer believe that non-blocking communication using Fortran can be done in a way that allows communication and computation to occur using the same array.  Rolf will add language to the MPI-3 standard suggesting to users that they use separate buffers (usually requiring extra copying costs) if they want to do this in codes written in Fortran.

-craig