(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.4345) Good news for the Fortran 2003 standard

Bill Long longb
Thu Nov 4 13:55:28 EDT 2010

Van Snyder wrote:

> Unfortunately, Fujitsu, at least by way of Lahey/Fujitsu in the United
> States, have decided not to do any further development work on the
> 32-bit Linux Fortran 95 compiler.

I would not be surprised that a vendor decided to discontinue
development of a 32-bit Linux compiler (any language). That could be
more of a statement about platform support, rather than language
support.   If they are giving up on 64-bit Linux, then I would be
concerned, and probably be looking for a different vendor.

Bill Long                                           longb at cray.com