(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3903) [MPI3 Fortran] [ukfortran] [MPI3 Fortran] MPI non-blocking transfers

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Thu Jan 22 16:41:47 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 10:59 -0800, Bill Long wrote:
> When we're talking about a Fortran's asynchronous
> attribute, it seems reasonable to relate it to Fortran's concept of
> I/O.

When a Fortran program invokes an external procedure with an actual
argument that has the ASYNCHRONOUS attribute, and all you have for the
external procedure is a .o file, how does the compiler know whether the
procedure does Fortran I/O, or something else?