(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3876) [MPI3 Fortran] MPI non-blocking transfers

Aleksandar Donev donev1
Wed Jan 21 17:40:11 EST 2009

On Wednesday 21 January 2009 13:17, N.M. Maclaren wrote:
> As someone with experience of installing and supporting multiple
> different MPI's on multiple different systems, it is thoroughly
> undesirable.
Anyone on the Fortran committee should find it "undesirable" that we
have a problem we know about, that can be solved, appears in many
codes, and is usually attributed to the language (instead of the MPI
Forum). We ought to fix this. It is simply our duty as the guardians of
the language.
Best,
Aleks