(j3.2006) Syntax doesn't allow coindexed scalars?

Bill Long longb
Fri Jan 16 18:19:43 EST 2009

Aleksandar Donev wrote:

> Here is something for Bill to ponder: assumed-rank coarrays:-)
> Apparently they can never be coindexed? Perhaps that is a good
> thing :-)

Given the limited use of assumed-rank objects at this point, it seems
unnecessary to allow coarrays.  However, this will be revisited when we
get to Interoperability with UPC.  Since we already allow allocatable
coarrays, the idea of Fortran descriptors for coarrays is already
there.  Once you have the descriptor work done, allowing assumed-rank is
a smallish step.

Bill Long                                   longb at cray.com