(j3.2006) [Fwd: Service Update from Register.com]

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Fri Apr 3 18:47:31 EDT 2009

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Register.com <register_support at imail.register.com>
To: Snyder, W Van <w.van.snyder at jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Service Update
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:26:16 -0700

Dear Van,

Earlier today we communicated to you we were experiencing intermittent
service disruptions as a result of a distributed denial of service
(DDoS) attack ? an intentionally malicious flooding of our systems
from various points across the internet.

We want to update you on where things stand.

Services have been restored for most of our customers including hosting
and email. However for some of our customers, services are not fully
restored.  We know this is unacceptable.

We are using all available means to restore services to every one of
our customers and halt this criminal attack on our business and our
customers? business. We are working round the clock to make that happen.

We are committed to updating you in as timely manner as possible,
please check your inbox or our website for additional updates.

Thank you for your patience.

Larry Kutscher
Chief Executive Officer
Register.com

Toll Free:  888-734-4783

[[PFNKWJ-PRFIRS-4JEZW-SPM14E-9V1WB-T-M2-20090403-e2ab397295386ca3f7]]