(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3806) [ukfortran] N1761, TYPE(*), BIND(C) and arrays

N.M. Maclaren nmm1
Tue Dec 9 16:00:34 EST 2008

On Dec 9 2008, Van Snyder wrote:

>So long as the processor can see the interface at the point of the call,
>which it can because you put in an appropriate USE statement, it can
>build the actual argument descriptors correctly, that is, so they are
>what the called procedure expects in its dummy arguments.
>
>Therefore, none of the examples in the program are problematical.

Aargh! You are right, of course. The critical wording is that explicit
interface specifications are required. I shouldn't have tried to write a
reply the night before leaving on a month's holiday :-(

I withdraw that comment, and apologise for wasting people's time.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:  nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679