(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3782) Ballot on the technical content of the TR

Robert Corbett Robert.Corbett
Tue Dec 9 02:50:47 EST 2008

Aleksandar Donev wrote:

> Also, note that those vendors that carry around info in their
> descriptors already did some extra work to add that to their compiler
> infrastructure.

We st Sun went to a lot of extra work to remove that bloat from
our compiler infrastructure.  Sun Fortran is based on CraySoft
Fortran.  It took a lot of work to change the data structures
for parameter passing to the lean form Sun Fortran now uses.
I am not thrilled by the idea of putting it back.

Bob Corbett