(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3780) Ballot on the technical content of the TR

Robert Corbett Robert.Corbett
Tue Dec 9 00:22:12 EST 2008

Van Snyder wrote:
> Robert Corbett wrote:
>
>>I am not pleased that the proposal is making other vendors'
>>extensionsto the data structures, beyond what is needed for Fortran,
>>part of theFortran language.
>

> Keep in mind that the Further Interoperability with C TR affects only
> interfaces with BIND(C).  Vendors can handle them differently from
> interfaces without BIND(C) if they choose to do so.

I understand that.  I also understand the advantage the proposal will
give to vendors who already use the knew capabilities.  I don't like
Sun being put at a disadvantage relative to those vendors.

Bob Corbett