(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3762) Response on the TR29113 draft N1761

Van Snyder Van.Snyder
Mon Dec 8 16:45:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 10:25 -0800, Aleksandar Donev wrote:
> Reinhold suggested a SELECT RANK construct. It does seem reasonable
> and not hard for either vendors or the standard, and it is safe to
> use.

I haven't worked out what one gets from this that one doesn't get from
rank-remapping pointer assignment.

I suppose there are potential performance benefits from avoiding the
TARGET and POINTER attributes.  Anything else?

--
Van Snyder                    |  What fraction of Americans believe
Van.Snyder at jpl.nasa.gov       |  Wrestling is real and NASA is fake?