(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3765) Response on the TR29113 draft N1761

Aleksandar Donev donev1
Mon Dec 8 13:47:59 EST 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 10:40, Reinhold Bader wrote:
> Note that I'm not yet sure the MPI Forum is going to swallow this
> since the MPI vendors apparently don't want to rewrite their whole
> infrastructure to use descriptors ... even though it provides the
> technically better solution.
This was not the intent. We have "TYPE(*), DIMENSION(*)" intended for
the style of interfaces MPI uses (passing an address for a buffer).
Perhaps this is not done right, and needs to be fixed as you suggest,
but it is (somewhat) orthogonal to the issue of descriptors.
Best,
Aleks