(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3744) Question about ATOMIC_DEFINE

Aleksandar Donev donev1
Thu Dec 4 18:08:51 EST 2008

Van Snyder wrote:
> Assuming the ATOM argument is a coarray, coindexed object, or
> subcomponent of a coindexed object, Is there ever a time when it should
> not be?
Sure, if you are defining multiple locks, you may want to call SYNC
MEMORY some time later, when you are done with all the work that does
not depend on segment boundaries.
I don't see a point in mixing things up here by including the effects of
image control statements with atomic operations. I also don't see any
reason to treat co-indexed objects differently.
Best,
Aleks