(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3723) [ukfortran] the interoperability TR - an alternative descriptor design

Aleksandar Donev donev1
Wed Dec 3 18:10:30 EST 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 14:50, N.M. Maclaren wrote:

> N1761 addresses solely the cases where the
> arguments are arrays of intrinsic element types, or pointers to intrinsic
> types. ?It may be intended to address more, but I do not think that it
> does.
It is intended to cover all interoperable types. In particular, this works:

subroutine sub(x) bind(c)
   type(interoperable_t), dimension(:) :: x
end subroutine

and it passes a descriptor where the elem_size field is set to the sizeof the
corresponding interoperable C struct.

Perhaps you can explain why N1761 does not cover this case---again, I cannot
read your mind here.

Thanks,
Aleks