(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3721) [ukfortran] the interoperability TR - an alternative descriptor design

Aleksandar Donev donev1
Wed Dec 3 16:46:42 EST 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 13:33, N.M. Maclaren wrote:

> If the objective is to handle
> solely assumed-shape, allocatable and pointer types of intrinsic element
> or target types
You mean "interoperable types" (intrinsic or derived)---this is what N1761 is
meant to address? I am at a puzzle by how interoperability would work for
non-interoperable types---again, an example, say, using MPI, of what is
needed, would help. Examples, examples, please. It is hard to understand what
you want, just as I am sure it is hard for you to understand what we want to
do after just reading the proposal for the first time. We need to communicate
more effectively please (unless you might be coerced into coming to Vegas
next year???)

Anyway, I have yet to read your proposal, and will comment later...For now, it
all seems to me like "I know how to do it better", which is fine by me, if
you actually do it and it meets my needs.

Best,
Aleks