(j3.2006) (SC22WG5.3704) [ukfortran] Atomic stuff

Malcolm Cohen malcolm
Wed Dec 3 03:19:22 EST 2008

Van Snyder wrote:
> I wasn't entirely satisfied with the way we provided for atomic memory
> operations in Tokyo, but I wanted to think about it some more before
> bringing it up.
>
> I can think of three ways that I would prefer to the intrinsic
> subroutines described in 08-297r1.

At first glance, 08-297r1 is an improvement (imo) over these suggestions.
> Actually, I would prefer a much higher level concept,
As would several of the UK delegation, but these were kept adamantly off
the table.

................Malcolm Cohen, Nihon NAG, Tokyo.