[Coarray-ts] Atomics

Bill Long longb at cray.com
Thu May 31 11:52:57 EDT 2012

On 5/31/12 4:34 AM, John Reid wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Feature 3 of 12-136r2 involves atomic operations. Do we really need to
> propose more of these as a requirement? If so, I am not the person to

I guess that depends on the rules associated with the Requirements
document.  If we have a rule that a feature cannot go into the TS unless
it is included in the requirements, then we certainly need a section on
the atomic operations.  These are quite useful, and it would be helpful
if vendors standardized on the names of the routines.  If a section is
needed, I can write one.